The R438 AVR is powered by two auxiliary windings which are self-sufficient of the voltage match circuit, the first winding has a voltage in proportion to that of the alternator(characteristic shunt), the second has a voltage in proportion to the stator current (compound characteristic: booster effect). The power supply voltage is rectified and filtered before being used by the AVR monitoring transistor. This principle ensures that regulation is not unnatural by distortions generated by the load, This excitation system consists of a PMG ( permanent magnet generator), which is fitted at the rear of the machine and connected to the R438 AVR. The PMG supplies the AVR with constant voltage which is independent of the main alternator winding.
- Suitable for high levels of vibration and harsh environments
- Stand overload current:8A-10s
- Phase to phase voltage sensing
- Standard power supply: AREP or PMG
- Voltage Regulation +/- 0.5%
- Short circuit capability: 3 x Irated for 10 seconds
- 95~140 volts (50/60 Hz) or
- 170~260 volts (50/60 Hz) or
- 340~520 volts (50/60 Hz)
- Remote voltage adjustment range of :+/-5%
- 1000 series generator,2000 series generator and 3000 series generator.